I grew up in Iowa outside of Des Moines. I received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Iowa in 1991. I returned to the University of Iowa and received my Masters Degree in Social Work in 1997. I spent several years working in the social work field helping children and families prior to attending law school. I graduated from Drake University Law School with my Juris Doctor Degree with honors in 2002. Currently, I live in Des Moines, Iowa with my family.
I am a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR) and the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA). I have been privileged to speak at the National NOSSCR conferences in San Antonio, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; New Orleans, Louisiana; and Washington, D.C.
I have represented clients in Social Security Disability matters at the initial application through the Federal District Court process for over 10 years. My goal is to protect your monetary benefits that you are rightfully entitled to.
- 2002 – Supreme Court of Iowa
- 2004 – United States Federal District Court (Southern District of Iowa)
- 2004 – United States Federal District Court (Northern District of Iowa)
- 2007 – United States Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims
- 2008 – United States Court of Appeals (Eight Circuit)
- 2008 – Accredited Department of Veterans Affairs Attorney
- Drake University Law School, J.D. With Honors 2002
- University of Iowa, M.S.W. 1997
- University of Iowa, B.A. 1991
- Cottey College, A.A. 1988